If you are coming to the event today or tomorrow, please note:
– The address for the event is 1933 S. Broadway; Los Angeles (NOT SANTA MONICA!)
– If you have purchased tickets to ScareLA or plan to at the door – great! Check in. Do what the helpers tell you to do, and then journey up to the 11th floor for TELL-TALE HEART 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SHOW TIME (so for the 2pm show, arrive on the 11th floor at 1:45pm, etc). You will not need a green sticker (more on this below).
– If you have NOT purchased tickets to ScareLA and don’t intend to, please go to the VIP line in the first floor lobby, tell them you’re seeing THE TELL-TALE HEART, and they will give you a green sticker. Then, proceed to the 11th floor, do not go anywhere else in the LA Mart.
– Parking: The lot at the LA Mart is filling up very quickly! Please watch posted signs if you park on the street, or find another lot nearby. There is a paid lot across from the LA Mart on Broadway that may fill up by the afternoon.
See the world premiere adaptation of Unbound Production’s THE TELL-TALE HEART The Tell-Tale Heart will NOT be included in our October production – this special installation will be your only chance to see this adaptation!
August 10-11 only — Buy Tickets HERELimited run, fully produced theatre-performance will be staged as a part of ScareLA, the first annual Los Angeles Halloween Convention at the LA Mart. Tickets are $15 with your admission ticket to ScareLA, $20 without
See the world premiere adaptation of Unbound Production’s THE TELL-TALE HEART Tell-Tale Heart will NOT be included in our October production – this special installation will be your only chance to see this adaptation!
August 10-11 only — Buy Tickets HERE Limited run, fully produced theatre-performance will be staged as a part of ScareLA, the first annual Los Angeles Halloween Convention at the LA Mart. Tickets are $15 with your admission ticket to ScareLA, $20 without
The run time for this performance is approximately 35 minutes Special offer: save 15% on your tickets to ScareLA with code WICKEDSCARE! Get tickets to ScareLA atwww.scarela.com.
Edgar Allan Poe’s The Tell-Tale Heart Adapted by Paul Millet Directed by Jeff G. Rack Produced by Jonathan Josephson, Paul Millet, and Jeff G. Rack
A scream in the night has summoned the police. But the murderer has nothing to worry about. Or does he? The terrifying heartbeat will reveal all.
Tickets: ScareLA patrons are $15; $20 to the general public
Buy tickets HERE or call (323) 332-2065
August 10-11, 2013, Limited engagement! 8 total performances
4 performances each day 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
The performance will run approximately 35 minutes
ScareLA at LA Mart
Los Angeles, CA 90007 FOLLOW THE SIGNS ONCE YOU’RE ON SITE FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
Ample paid parking on the street and in the LA Mart parking lot are available
– THIS IS A WALKING PRODUCTION THAT TAKES PLACE IN DIM LIGHT – PLEASE WEAR COMFORTABLE, SOFT-SOLED SHOES – THIS PRODUCTION IS MEANT TO BE SCARY
About the Production: This WICKED LIT installation of Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Tell-Tale Heart” will be staged exclusively at LA Mart in conjunction with ScareLA, during the first annual Los Angeles Halloween Convention (August 10-11, 2013). The limited-seating eight-performance run will be staged throughout one of the vacant floors of the 14-story warehouse style building, and feature the full array of theatrical effects and creative artistry that fans of WICKED LIT have come to expect.
Said Millet, who adapted the piece, “This script was written several years ago and we were only waiting for the perfect venue to stage it as a full production.” Said Rack, who will direct the piece, “The 11th floor of the LA Mart is an ideal setting for this Poe piece, and ScareLA is an ideal event in terms of like-minded producers and cross-over audiences”.
ScareLA will be the first Los Angeles convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Drawing fans and haunt entertainment professionals from throughout Southern California, the event will feature top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser will celebrate California’s hottest scary fare with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt tours, screenings and activities.
“When we first ideated putting on a performance of WICKED LIT in conjunction with ScareLA, we set out to showcase a small sample of what we do,” said Josephson, who will produce the play along with Rack and Millet. “Then we got really excited about the possibility and – well, this is no sample my friends – this will be a real slice of WICKED LIT, in the flesh.”
“We could not be more excited for this WICKED LIT premiere,” shares David Markland, producer of ScareLA and founder of CreepyLA.com. “I can’t wait to see The Tell-Tale Heart in all of its creepy glory.”
“ScareLA is all about bringing together Halloween fans from all walks of life – artists, haunters, entrepreneurs and all who love a great scare,” adds ScareLA co-founder Lora Ivanova. “This really is the perfect timing to unveil new ventures and exciting plans for the Halloween season.”